6.09.2008

Shop Shack Sketch Modeling


So I've been playing around with the idea of the budget and the necessity for it to be something that we build that would still have a very professional look.
I like the idea of creating a box and then deforming that box from the inside.

Last night I made a quick model of a system that would use 8' or 10' 2x4's in a simple wood frame wall. If we used studs every 3" o.c. we could quickly build a screen facade that would give us a pretty cool look. By attaching off cuts to every stud with end up with a very filtered view as well as a spot to connect adjustable shelves.
built to scale using 8' 2x4's

A box the size of our maximum foot print at 10' tall, would be approx. $1000 for lumber.
That's assuming a higher than average number for lumber than the current market.

I'm also working on a "site" model for us to use.

Here's a look at another project I'm working on outside of this competition, but I figured it applied here as it's a chunk of a vehicle. It might be interesting to look at various vehicle components (something Detroit is known for) as building elements.

No comments: